Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Inspiration v. Perspiration

Inspiration is 90% perspiration…

Inspiration is not exactly something that makes me perspire.  It’s just that moment in time where the light bulb flicks on and the idea is there for at least 60sec to 30min.  Don’t you hate it when that idea falls out of your head, and leaves you there to beg for its return?  Maybe that’s the perspiring part of the inspiration.  Fine, I’ll agree with that.

What inspires you about jewelry, adornment, trinkets?  Is it an event?  I think events, especially those requiring formal attire, create the hunt for the perfect earring, bracelet, etc.  The things is that perfection always eludes unless you have the ability to plan months ahead, then maybe your outfit will be perfect.  Bully for you!  The rest of the planet will cling to the hopes that this next store will hold the perfect accessory and no more searching is necessary.  Right.  Of course.  Ummm no.

This is what I feel as I type and breathe.  How can I, a mere human, make that necklace or configure and earring of perfection?  I can’t.  (Don’t ever say that to me…Please, it’s for your own good.)  What is the theme of the year?  The color?  The look?  Should I care?  When do trends die?

I’ll work on that.  And you can tell me what you think.

Till that time.

Ciao,
Eura Le          

No comments: