Thursday, July 11, 2013

I can SEW (paper)!!

 


Monogrammed Cards


Inspiration hit me and I just HAD to try to embroider a card.  Letters were easy, and I wanted to give a gift to a friend to show appreication so this seemed like the ideal option.  I didn't know her favorite color is RED.  I used the threads in my massive collection of supplies to get started.  Fortunately, I had primary colors.  She didn't strike me as a pastel kinda girl anyway.  I found a blog on how to do this.  I will go back and find it and link it as soon as I locate in on my pinterest board (too many pins...definitely not enough attention span). 
 
Then I wrapped it up! And Voila!


 

Prior to this, I tried a quick card that possibly took more time.  THANK YOU cards are easy, but not SUPER easy.  I had to intentionally write the words with less perfection (black felt marker), and more IMperfection to preserve each card's unique-ness (word?).  The letters are alternating, yet consistent.  The buttons bring in a little color and flare.  I used them for my last day of school gifts where I student taught.  The school colors were blue and gold/yellow.  I made about 6-8 for various staff that helped me through my training.  Take a gander...
 

 
My photos could use some work, but I documented as I created.  If you have come up with other easy ways to create cards please post a link below.
 
I might sell them in my Etsy Store.

No comments: